Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: When you go to AGP do you bring a doll?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I do sometimes, but since my town is pretty small I worry about people from school seeing me with a doll. It seems silly worrying that someone thinks it's weird that you like dolls, but I can't help it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    well, I'm going to AGP on Wednesday, I'm taking Samantha, and I'm 20. I just thought you should know that I've NEVER been embarassed by my dolls. Even when my friends saw them when I was 13 and 14, they'd always just say, "Hey cool, American Girl dolls, I used to have some of those." and now they all say, "Hey cool, American Girl dolls, I used to have some of those, I wish I'd kept them." So don't worry about your friends, there's nothing to be embarassed about. Have fun! don't worry about what other people think!

  3. #3
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar
    I go AGP a lot I always have a doll with me I dont care what others think. Most people stare like I'm crazy but I dont care what others think of me I'm 23 years old and I'm proud of ym American Girl Dolls.

    IM PROUD TO SAY I CARRY MY DOLLS ONTHE SUBWAY TO AGPNY WITH OUT ANY SAME AT ALL!! {SCREAMING THIS ON TOP OF MY LUNGS} [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I went to AGPNY, I didn't bring a doll, but that's because I knew I would be getting one there. My mom didn't think it would be a good idea to have to bring two dolls home on the bus.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tend not to. But that is because usually when I go there I am out all day (my parents partially own a place in NYC)-so we usually go out to lunch, and all over-and I don't want to have to worry about taking them all over. However, when I go to NYC and stay over in the apartment itself-I bring one. Just not out.

    I know before we go to the American Girl Place in Decemember-we are going to go to tea at the St. Regis before that and probably some museums as well.

    -Jordyn

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I went to AGPNY, I didn't bring a doll, but that's because I knew I would be getting one there.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is why I'm still not sure I want to bring one when I go to AGPLA next year. I don't really want to be lugging 2 around, lol.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member samfan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To be honest I probably would be alittle embarrassed to take a doll with me. especially if i were to go to AGPLA because i know a lot of my friends go tthe grove. Also, i'm still kind of an 'in the closet' fan. I'm probably a little more likely take one if i get to go to AGPC cause i don't know anyone there.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I took Kit, and my mom took Kaya. We got a lot of attention on the streets with our backpacks. I don't mind it, but I will tell you we were the only "girls" in AGP over the age of 13-14 with dolls! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Today, Laura, her girls and I were in Max & Erma's (a restaurant) with Felicity, Kailey, Kaya and Josefina. As we waited to be seated, the Oakland University cheerleaders left. One girl stopped, squealed and said, "Do you have Addy?!?!?" She has an old Addy from when she was a little girl. Her friends all reacted... well, only as cheerleaders can react... but it was nothing but enthusiasm for their friends doll. I'm sure some of them had AGs too. She said, "Oh, I want to collect them again. Is that okay?" Laura assured her that she would NEVER be too old.

    Do what you want, and try not to worry about others. It will be fun either way!

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I go to AGPNY I always bring a doll,unless I am getting one there,because then I have to carry two dolls home.When I walk in my neighborhood,I always have a doll with me.None of my friends are into AG and I don't care what they think.If they say anything I tell them get a life!

  10. #10
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    When we visited AGP Chicago back in August 2003, we brought Molly and AGT Amy. We put our girls in their own wire baskets and added items we wanted to buy.
    After we finished shopping we visited a pizza place around the corner and Molly and Amy were sitting out on the table. A couple of older women next to us noticed that we had shopping bags from AGPC and asked if we bought the dolls there. I said no, we just bought some clothes and accessories. They asked why we brought the dolls with us. I said because they wanted to visit their friends at AGPC. They smiled.

    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •